The Best of Water Sports that You Can Enjoy in Tenerife
We all love adventure, and water sports is one of them. If you want to enjoy a variety of sports here then Tenerife is the right place for you. Don’t be confused as this place on Canary Island is not only famous for sunshine and beaches for relaxation, but it also has a lot of adventurous water sports that will keep you fun-filled and happy.
One of the best parts about Tenerife is that u can enjoy these activities all year round because the water temperature here ranges from 19 to 26 degrees from January to December. If you are looking out for some good packages for these water sports Tenerife, then Club Canary can lead you well in this case. They are very famous for their 5-star services and are experts in providing people with whale watching, boat hire, water sports, excursions etc.
Let us look at some good water sports that you can enjoy in Tenerife:
- Surfing/ Bodyboarding: For people who love surfing or bodyboarding then Tenerife is the right place for you. Just like the world Bodyboarding champion Alexandra Rinder does her practice in La Caleta in Tenerife regularly. This place also has the perfect waves like la Machacona on the south coast, which is between El Medano and Los Abrigo or La Fitenia in Playa de las Americas.
- Windsurfing/ Kitesurfing: Ed Melano here is the perfect place for windsurfing as it is blessed with an average of 300 days of wind the whole year.
- Scuba Diving: You will be happy with clear water and a wide variety of faunas that will make your scuba diving worth it. We can’t forget the 4500 marine species that are available here in the water making it worth the dive. One of the most secretive and the best place to dive is the La Baja de Realejos which has many caves to explore.
- Stand-up paddling: This is the oldest gliding sport that was invented to discover new islands, but now its popularity has been increasing day by day. You will not find many places where you can enjoy this sport while gliding past the cliffs that are 600 meters tall but you have one right here in Tenerife.
- Kayaking: Kayak is a term used for a canoe that is used for fishing and moving around in the water. One you should not miss is the place from Masca to Los Gingates. You have guided tours that will help you as a beginner and the experience can last up to 2 hours. You can enjoy taking breath-taking sceneries along with diving into the crystal-clear waters.
- Sailing: The trade winds here make it a perfect place for sailing. Also, as the climate is good the whole year, you can enjoy sailing at any time except for September when the wind is very less. If you are a beginner then you do have trainers who can give you one-day training or whole courses for the same.
As you know now, you got a whole lot of options to try these water sports activities, you can choose what you want.